INVESTIGO Program - Research Technician - PReTT
We usually respond within two weeks
IDIBELL is looking for a Research Technician for the PReTT research group
About the research group
The Preclinical and Experimental Research in Thoracic Tumors (PReTT) group merges clinical research led by Ernest Nadal (Head of Thoracic Oncology at the Catalan Institute of Oncology) and basic research led by Cristina Muñoz Pinedo (Metabolism, Cell Death and Cancer). We study new therapeutic strategies in thoracic tumors. The group combines translational molecular research aiming to understand cells and disease, with a focus on patients through the design and development of investigator-initiated clinical trials. In terms of basic research, we study the mechanisms of cell death in response to metabolic stress and to drugs against NSCLC and mesothelioma. We analyse the responses both at cell and tumour microenvironment level, including the immune system and the host metabolism. On the translational side, our focus is the validation of diagnostic and treatment response biomarkers to improve the clinical management of thoracic tumours. At the bioinformatic level, the objective is to improve the stratification of thoracic tumors and the identification of potentially novel treatments adapted to the molecular characteristics of each patient.
About the role
Participate in the collection, processing and sorting of translational project samples, support pre-doctoral and post-doc students in the laboratory in some experiments and perform stock maintenance in the laboratory.
Assessment of lung function, collection of biological variables, sample processing and support in conducting experiments (molecular analyses), data collection, analysis and interpretation of results, and writing of scientific manuscripts.
The candidate will be involved in general research activities in the lab, providing experimental support in one or various projects.
- Be 16 years or older and not have reached the age of 30 on September 1st.
- At the start date of the contract, it will be an essential requirement to be registered as unoccupied job seekers (DONO) in the Public Employment Service of Catalonia (SOC) .
- At the time of starting the contract candidates cannot have worked at IDIBELL in the previous 6 months.
- IMPORTANT: it is a call with blind CV, this means that CVs in pdf and letters of introduction/motivation cannot contain personal data (name, surname, gender, ethnics...) or include any photo. CVs that do not meet these requirements will be excluded from the selection process.
- Experience in tissue culture and molecular biology techniques
- Experience in analysis software (Image J, Graph-pad Prism…)
Education and training
- Higher level training cycle (CFGS)
Technical & soft skills
- Tissue culture and molecular biology techniques
- Independent worker, who also accepts supervision
- High capacities for problem solving and work management
- Collaborative work skills
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Holding a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in lab management and support
- Background in immunology, cancer and/or signal transduction
- Experience in animal experimentation
What do we offer
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: July 2023
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: 25.100 €
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way
- Possibility to work some days in remote – Teleworking
- 26 working days of holiday per year
- System of accumulated hours for employees, from 88 to 104 hours depending on the year (11 to 13 working days), to attend to personal matters.
- Paid leave package
- Benefits of constant training are offered
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination. Specifically IDIBELL works to improve gender equality in all areas with the aim of achieving gender balance, but maintaining the most scrupulous respect to any choice at the level of gender identity. Please express yourself freely, safely and non-binarily, if that's the case.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate's CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the Talent Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 16 June 2023
Data protection notice
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
The 'HR Excellence in Research' award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTMR).
With the support of the Investigo Program for the recruitment of young people seeking employment in the implementation of research and innovation initiatives (INVESTIGO 2023) of the Departament de Recerca i Universitats of the Generalitat de Catalunya. Funded by the European Union – Next Generation EU.
- Scientific support
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute is focused in cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the axes on which researchers work every day with the goal of improving the quality of life of citizens.
Our mission is to carry out research of excellence that integrates knowledge and innovation in health, contributing to the improvement of people's quality of life.
Our vision of future is to become a European reference in health sciences, rooted in our local environment and contributing to its growth by attracting and retaining research talent in health sciences.
In order to fullfil both, our values are: integrity, confidence, transparency, aspiration, passion and commitment.
INVESTIGO Program - Research Technician - PReTT
Loading application form
Already working at IDIBELL?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.