Support Technician - Common Services Unit
We usually respond within two weeks
IDIBELL is looking for a Support Technician for the Common Services Unit
About the research group
The goal of the Common Services Unit is to provide optimal spaces and equipment, in order to support IDIBELL research. The unit also offers specific laboratories, such as Biosafety Level 2 rooms, to work with specific biological agents, and a Radioactivity Installation, in order to guarantee a safe working environment.
About the role
- Support to the Cryogenics area
- Support to cell culture laboratories and other technical rooms
Candidates must be people under 30 years of age, unemployed and registered as job seekers in the State Public Employment Service (SEPE) at the time of starting the contract and cannot have worked at IDIBELL in the 6 months prior to the start of the contract.
- As a laboratory technician or lab manager
Education and training
- CFGS in laboratory or similar
Technical and soft skills
- Office 365
- User orientation
- Results orientation
- Good command of the English language
- Good knowledgement of the Catalan and Spanish languages
We will value, but not required
- More than one year experience as a laboratory technician or lab manager
- Experience in a cryogenics area
- Experience in equipment and stocks management
- Experience in maintenance of cell culture room microscopes
What do we offer
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: May 2023
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Estimated annual gross salary: 25.100 €
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way.
- Benefits of constant training are offered.
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate's CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the Talent Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 30 March 2023
Data protection notice
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
The 'HR Excellence in Research' award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTMR).
With de funding of the Ministerio de Trabajo y Economía Social, through the fellowship number 2022-C23.I01.P03.S0020-0000209 for the funding of the "Programa Investigo", financed by the European Union - Next Generation EU.
- Scientific support
- Scientific technical support
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute is focused in cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the axes on which researchers work every day with the goal of improving the quality of life of citizens.
Our mission is to carry out research of excellence that integrates knowledge and innovation in health, contributing to the improvement of people's quality of life.
Our vision of future is to become a European reference in health sciences, rooted in our local environment and contributing to its growth by attracting and retaining research talent in health sciences.
In order to fullfil both, our values are: integrity, confidence, transparency, aspiration, passion and commitment.
Support Technician - Common Services Unit
Loading application form
Already working at IDIBELL?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.