Research Nurse - USRC
We usually respond within two weeks
IDIBELL is looking for a Research Nurse for the USRC
About the research group
The clinical research support unit (Unitat de Suport a la Recerca Clínica-USRC) was established in 2018 as part of the Clinical Research Department at IDIBELL to provide support to the researchers at Hospital Univeritari de Bellvitge (HUB) for conducting clinical trials & research studies.
Currently, the unit is engaging more than 80 studies of different therapeutic areas through scientifico-tecnic, administrative and execution support.
About the role
We are looking for a full-time research nurse to contribute to the development and implementation of different research projects and to work in a multidisciplinary team being the site nurse.
The research nurse will work and interact with a multidisciplinary team including physicians, research coordinators, and pharmacists.
- Previous experience in a similar position
Education and training
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Technical & soft skills
- Applicants should be able to monitor the participants’ medical condition and schedule and conduct research protocol follow-ups
- Information to potential participants in clinical research studies
- Selection, inclusion and follow-up of patients in clinical research studies
- Collection of blood and other biological samples from patients participating in clinical research studies following all research procedures within approved study protocols
- Handling of biological samples: centrifuge, freezing, shipping to central laboratories, etc.
- Complete patient assessment (vital signs, ECG recording, etc.)
- Careful monitoring of the patient during the administration of the investigational drug
- Participation in the meetings and activities of the research group
- Coordination of clinical research studies in different therapeutic areas: responsible for the day-to-day clinical studies carried out at the Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge. Responsible for the researcher's archive.
- Data entry: In the eCRF from the different source documents
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Problem solving
- Proactive & diligent
- Motivation, initiative and ability to learn
- Good organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Collaborative and teamwork skills
- Good IT competence: MS Windows and Office applications
- Good command of the Catalan, Spanish and English languages
We will value, but not required
- Knowledge of clinical research studies, protocol and study-specific operating procedures, consent forms, and study schedules
- Knowledge of the ethical and legal norm that regulates clinical research
- Flexibility and adaptability to different therapeutic areas
- Knowledge / experience in the Spanish health system
- Command of eCRF and Clinical trial management platforms
- Results oriented
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- High motivation and initiative
- Availability of immediate incorporation
What do we offer
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: ASAP
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Estimated annual gross salary: 26.000 - 32.000 €
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way.
- Benefits of constant training are offered.
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate's CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the Talent Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 31 March 2023
Data protection notice
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
The 'HR Excellence in Research' award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTMR).
- Scientific support
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute is focused in cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the axes on which researchers work every day with the goal of improving the quality of life of citizens.
Our mission is to carry out research of excellence that integrates knowledge and innovation in health, contributing to the improvement of people's quality of life.
Our vision of future is to become a European reference in health sciences, rooted in our local environment and contributing to its growth by attracting and retaining research talent in health sciences.
In order to fullfil both, our values are: integrity, confidence, transparency, aspiration, passion and commitment.
Research Nurse - USRC
Loading application form
Already working at IDIBELL?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.