Economic Manager for Clinical Trials
We usually respond within two weeks
IDIBELL is looking for an Economic Manager for Clinical Trials
About the research unit
The Clinical Research Support Unit (HUB-IDIBELL) main objective is to give clinical support to research groups from the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB) to do clinical studies.
About the role
The selected person will provide:
- Technical support to optimize the process of signatures of the contract for HUB clinical trials in clinical research protocols
- Planning, development, and follow-up of economic activities in clinical trials areas
- Coordination with different stakeholders (researcher's team members, collaborators, financial agencies, and sponsors) for the managing of contracts and amendments
- Researcher's advisory about economic and administrative trials’ activities
- Economic control (trials budget analysis and negotiation, agreements & economic surveillance, billing, and changes in economic items) using a specific internal application
- In accordance with the Financial Department of the HUB, will be responsible to evaluate the economic impact of the clinical trials in the HUB
- Experience in clinical research: in clinical trials / observational studies / pharmacovigilance
- Experience in clinical trials startup
- Experience in economic evaluation of industry-funded clinical trials
- Experience in budgeting of clinical trials
- Budget negotiation with pharmaceutical industries
Education and training
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or Business Management
- Training in economical issues related to clinical trials
Technical & soft skills
- Excellent abilities of working in group and individually
- Initiative and motivation to develop the projects in efficient and in a collaborative manner
- Ability to initiate negotiations with the pharmaceutical industry
- Good command of accounting softwares
- Microsoft Office tools, advanced in Excel and Word
- Critical thinking abilities such as analysis, judgement, problem solving, and ethics
- Multitasking and shifting priorities rapidly to meet deadlines
- Strong organization and analytical skills are required
- Communication skills with multidisciplinar work teams
- Good command of the Spanish language
- Good command of the English language
We will value, but not required
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences (medicine, public health, nursing, pshycology, biomedical sciences, human biology, etc.)
- Professional experience in a hospital environment
- Previous experience in similar job positions
- Degree in Law or complementary trainings
- Specific knowledge in economic and administrative management of clinical trials
- Training in GCP
- Experience in a clinical research unit
- Knowledge on all clinical trials legal regulation with medical products, independent review board (ethics committee) and Spanish clinical studies registry
What do we offer
- Nº of positions: 1
- Estimated start date: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Permanent
- Estimated annual gross salary: it is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges.
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way.
- Benefits of constant training are offered.
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate's CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the Talent Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 4 April 2023
Data protection notice
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
The 'HR Excellence in Research' award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTMR).
- Scientific support
Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute is focused in cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the axes on which researchers work every day with the goal of improving the quality of life of citizens.
Our mission is to carry out research of excellence that integrates knowledge and innovation in health, contributing to the improvement of people's quality of life.
Our vision of future is to become a European reference in health sciences, rooted in our local environment and contributing to its growth by attracting and retaining research talent in health sciences.
In order to fullfil both, our values are: integrity, confidence, transparency, aspiration, passion and commitment.
Economic Manager for Clinical Trials
Loading application form
Already working at IDIBELL?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.