IDIBELL is looking for a Study Nurse for the Vaccine Unit of the Clinical Prevention Research Group
About the research group
The aim of the Vaccine Unit of the Clinical Prevention Research Group Our is to increase the knowledge of vaccines before they are marketed in patients with different clinical needs (immunocompromised, health population, kidney transplant,…).
The vaccine Unit collaborates with the pharmaceutical industry since 2010 in the clinical development of vaccines in immunocompromised patients and general population against: Hepatitis B, Respiratory Syncytial Virus, Shingles, Clostridium difficile, yellow fever.
About the role
The functions to be performed will be to support the research tasks associated with the clinical trials in force in the Service.
• To complete the initial questionnaires in baseline visit
• To carry out the initial anthropometric measurements
• To monitor patients and, if necessary, draw blood and smear the patient with instructions according to the protocol
• To manage databases and study records
• To register temperature of vaccine and samples refrigerators and freezers
• To maintain emails with the promotors of the studies
• To answer queries of each clinical trial
- Clinical nurse with experience of at least 1 year postgraduate
- No previous experience in similar positions / tasks is required
Education and training
- Diploma in Nursing
- Informatic skills: Knowledge of the most common computer programs (Word, Excel).
- Personal skills: to be proactive and have good teamwork skills.
- Good command of the English language. Comprehension of written English, able to answer queries
We will value, but not required
- Knowledge and skills in the handling of biological samples will be valued.
Valuable studies, courses or knowledge: Postgraduate training in the field of methodology or research (not essential only assessable).
- Valuable (but NOT essential) languages: Spoken English
- Others: Possibility of moving to other centers.
What do we offer
- Nº of positions: 1
- Start date: 02/11/2021
- Contract duration: Initial three-years contract to be evaluated at the end of the first year.
- Estimated annual gross salary: it is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges.
- You will be part of a multicultural team. We have a fun loving and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working schedule - We know you have a life outside of work and we will work with you to make sure it's kept that way.
- Benefits of constant training are offered.
- We offer and promote diverse and inclusive conditions. Applicants are made free from any discrimination.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will consist on an eligibility check based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidate's CV.
- Interview: Best positioned, pre-selected candidates may be called to arrange an interview. Candidates will be interviewed by the hiring manager and an ad hoc selection panel.
- Formal offer letter: Once identified, the People Management Unit will send a job offer to the successful candidate indicating start date, salary, working conditions, and any additional relevant details.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 21/10/21
Data protection notice
IDIBELL ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection. Personal data is processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
IDIBELL is a research center that integrates the biomedical research of the Bellvitge University Hospital (HUB), the Catalan Institute of Oncology (ICO), and the University of Barcelona in the Bellvitge Campus (UB), and the Viladecans Hospital (HV). The research focuses of IDIBELL are cancer, neuroscience, translational medicine and regenerative medicine. Research, innovation and society are the pivots on which researchers work every day in order to improve the quality of life of citizens.
The 'HR Excellence in Research' award represents IDIBELL’s commitment to the implementation of Human Resources policies, which oversee the attracting and development of talent in an open, transparent, and based on personal merit, in alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment Researchers (Charter and Code).
IDIBELL is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the implementation of open, transparent and merit-based recruitment (OTMR).